What is Python – a brief introduction
• Python is an open source scripting language used for different kinds of software development.
• It was developed by Guido van Rossum (Google, Dropbox) in 1990s and was named after Monty Python Comedy Group.
• The best part about Python is that it offers a strong support for integration with other languages and tools, comes with extensive standard libraries, and can be learned in just a couple of days.
Who uses Python?
Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Disney Animation, NASA, Red Hat, IBM and many more………!
Why choose Python?
• Huge standard library
• Good quality documentation for standard library
•Tons of 3rd party modules
• Emphasis on code readability
• Saves lots of development time
• Broad range – from little shell scripts to enterprise web applications to scientific uses
• Very easy to learn
• Python is an interpreted language.
• Can’t run as fast as pure C++.
• Saves a lot of developer time, usually much more valuable than computation time.
Python has hundreds of 3rd party open source libraries. Let’s have a brief understanding of some most useful and popular ones:
• It’s a package for scientific computing with Python and a powerful N-dimensional array object.
• Offers sophisticated (broadcasting) functions.
• Have tools for integrating C/C++ and FORTRAN code.
• Useful linear algebra, Fourier transform, and random number capabilities.
Pandas is an open source library providing high-performance, easy-to-use data structures and data analysis tools for the Python programming language.
• Python has many plotting libraries
• matplotlib for static plots
• seaborn for statistical visualizations
• plotly for cross-platform interactive visualizations
Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
Python and Big Data APIs:
• Python as APIs for many libraries
• Spark and Hadoop both have APIs for Python
• MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc. all have API libraries for Python
• Allows for the ability to quickly prototype data applications with Python
There are even more advantages and benefits of Python Programming. Learn more and train yourself over various Python skills and training with NetCom Learning. NetCom Learning has serviced over 80% of Fortune 100 companies. We’ve helped over 10,000 organizations achieve their business goals by offering a full complement of Managed Learning Services, including IT and business training, curriculum design and content development, learning delivery and administration, consulting and advisory services, and management of learning technology.
Check and enroll for various Python training and certifications offered by NetCom Learning.